I Sam 1:27- For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.

James 1:27- Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pure Joy

   It can be easy sometimes to get caught up in the stress and anxiety of the adoption process. How are we going to pay for it? Is the pregnancy going well? Is the baby going to be healthy? How well are we going to transition from a family of 3 to a family of 4? These things swirl around in my head about a million times a day. And when I give in to the worry and the anxiety, I lose the joy of the situation as a whole. This is a miracle! A straight up miracle that we have even been given the opportunity to adopt this baby! A gift straight from Heaven. This adoption is happening because God ordained it. He will provide just as He always has.
   I was just going about my day this morning and from the other room I heard Hannah singing a song about her sister's adoption. What a sweet reminder of the great blessing we are receiving!  I tried to catch it on video and this was the best one I could get (please excuse the messy hair!).

   So the next time I'm feeling stressed and completely overwhelmed. I think I'll take a minute and watch this video again and just praise God for all He has done, all He has given us, and all that He will continue to do!

“The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.” 
-Psalm 126:3

No comments:

Post a Comment