I Sam 1:27- For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.

James 1:27- Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Hello, Sunshine!

Sorry I've been a little MIA on the blog! Life got really crazy really quick! So for those who haven't heard yet OUR DAUGHTER IS HERE!!! Miss Emma Grace, aka Emma Sunshine, was born June 30th.  She wasn't due until July 21st but her birth mom had low amniotic fluid so her Dr decided it was best to induce as soon as she reached 37 weeks!

Here's a quick timeline just so you can see how crazy it was:

June 23rd- routine Dr appt, Dr decided to do an unscheduled sonogram because of something he didn't like during his exam. Ultrasound tech says baby's heart rate is a little low (it was in the 120's and BM was contracting so I'm not sure why they said it was low but anyway) and that the amniotic fluid was a little low too.

June 24th- I get a frantic call from BM that the Dr office wants her at the hospital the next day for another ultrasound. I try to reassure her that if something was really wrong they wouldn't have her wait a day to go to the hospital (as I'm trying to also calm and reassure myself!)

June 25th- Take BM to the hospital for ultrasound. Tech tells us amniotic fluid is even lower and Dr is recommending delivery at 37 weeks.

June 26th- Another Dr appt, Dr wants another hospital sonogram the next day and if fluid is too much lower he would induce immediately.

June 27th- Take BM back to the hospital for the sonogram. Fluid is just high enough to hold off the induction until Monday, when she will officially be 37 weeks. (and I breathe a huge sigh of relief because did I mention Justin was in INDIA this whole week!)

June 28th-29th- Try to scramble to get ready for Miss Emma's arrival!

June 30th- Arrive with Birth Parents at 9 am, Dr begins induction and about 12 hrs later she was here! We waited until Birth Parents and Emma were settled into their room and then drove home around 1 am. It made my heart hurt to drive away from the hospital without her. We were so in love with her already, being apart was so hard!! :(





July 1st- We drive back to the hospital with Hannah and spend the day with BM and Emma. My sister Jessica came up that afternoon and took Hannah home with her so we could stay into the evening with Emma.
Jessica holding Emma. Hannah was a little excited if you can't tell!
July 2nd- Finally discharged around 5 pm! It was a tearful good-bye with Birth Mom and that was hard but I can't tell you how awesome it was to finally be bringing her home!!! (I don't think I could have handled another long drive home without her!)


July 3rd-4th- Adjusting to life as a family of 4 (little sleep and LOTS of coffee!!)

July 5th- Drive to Leesburg because Justin was the speaker for that week at Camp Horizon. (definitely not my first choice to take a 1 week old to a week of camp, but sometimes you just gotta do what you just gotta do!)

July 8th- I got sick and had to drive home with both girls for a couple days so I could go to the Dr. (HUGE thank you to my mom and Jessica for spending long days AND long nights to help me with the girls! I definitely could not have survived the next couple of days without them!)

July 10th- Drove back to camp with both girls to finish up the week there.

July 11th- Justin gives his last message around 2 pm and we can finally go home and just be able to focus on our girls and our new life together as a family of 4! (not that it wasn't great to be a part of the ministry at camp but boy were we exhausted!)

July 13th- My sister threw us an awesome baby shower/BBQ/party! (which we thought would be perfect timing a week BEFORE Emma was supposed to arrive, but hey it just turned into a "come meet Emma party")

So yeah, life got a little busy, a little crazy, and a whole lot more wonderful! We are so blessed to have Miss Emma here! And so overwhelmed by all the love and support of our family and friends! (especially my sister Jessica who took care of Hannah A LOT, and brought us dinner, and threw us an awesome party, and was just all around amazing!!)


We also got some great news from our adoption agency that our total amount due was LESS than we thought (mostly because of Emma coming early so we owed one month less for birth mom living expenses). Our church family has been so generous and we are ALMOST to our goal! I'm still selling things in my Etsy store (ShopOneTwentySeven) and Justin is working whatever he can (which unfortunately has not been as much as we would like but the Lord is faithful and He will provide!)

Thank you so much for all your love and support! We know many of you are faithfully praying for us and please continue to pray, we need all the support we can get! God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment