I Sam 1:27- For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.

James 1:27- Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

31 Weeks

from the "I'm Expecting" app
31 weeks as of yesterday! I went to the Dr for a check-up and sonogram with our birth mom yesterday and I feel very blessed to be able to go to so many of the prenatal visits. It is such a relief every time I go. It can be so stressful having so little control over our baby's environment. I know the birth mom does the very best that she can and we do the very best we can for her but it is still a less than perfect situation. It does cause me more than a little anxiety but I know that God is in control. He has created this precious one just the way that He wants her to be and there is no outside force that can change how He has already decided to create her. I take great comfort in reading Psalm 139:13-16 


For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.

My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.

(Psalm 139:13-16 ESV)


I know control is just an illusion anyway. Even if I were carrying this baby myself and eating perfectly, taking every supplement, resting adequately, etc. that would not guarantee a healthy baby.  Oh but how I love my illusion!  The whole adoption process has definitely shown me just how much of an illusion control is and taught me to trust Him more. And with every good Dr visit it does get a little easier. Yesterday the  Dr was very happy with the check-up and so far it looks like we will have a healthy baby in July. :) Please continue to pray for us and for our baby. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment